Capsules are a fairly new method of using when it comes to Kratom. Usually, the raw leaves are chewed, tea is made out of leaves or powder is ingested (which is created from dry leaves); this is the most popular ways of using all kinds of strains of Kratom. But capsules have now become the new trend, and it’s not in vain as capsules offer a lot of advantages:
- You don’t need time to prepare difficult mixtures or powders
- You create no mess around you doing the above said
- You don’t have to measure doses, they are measured for you
- You have to opportunity to enjoy Kratom everywhere you go
- Encapsulation slows down the rate at which the contents oxidize(which can lead to a decrease of potency) which makes them more potent
Also, you can create these wonderful capsules yourself following the recipe we are about to share with you in this article.
Unfortunately, nothing is perfect in this world, capsules included, so we feel obliged to also underline cons:
- Capsules can be quite cheap (some strains which are sold by some vendors), but the can also be very expensive (60-80$ per pack for some strains)
- The most widely heard complaint of users is that capsules take extra time to digest (as they are covered by a gelatin shell) and effects come longer than in any other method (especially if you have just eaten a big meal)
- There is also a theory that capsules can trap powder particles into the gelatin shell which makes them less potent (which is just a theory and has no convincing evidence); also it is told that it can be less potent due to the fact it can be mixed with food and the alkaloids concentration may drop (which sound logical but still has no proof)
Effects, Side effects, doses.
The capsules can offer you exactly the same effects as a powder or raw leaves, which depends on the strain (red vein- more sedating, pain relieving and relaxing; white and green vein: more of a stimulating or balanced effect), because it’s practically the same, but in an encapsulated form. The side effects are also the same opiate-like effects, which you can experience by wrongly (or for the first time) using plain leaves or powder:
- A headache
- Excessive sweating
- Feeling of cold
- Elevated heartbeat
If speaking about doses, most vendors sell capsules that have a standard dose of 500mg each. That means that if you are a beginner and willing to use 2-3gr for starters you may take 4-6 pills. If you are experienced using, you regulate the dose yourself.
Get ready to create your own
As mentioned earlier, here is a plain recipe of making your own capsules:
This method is pretty straightforward in fact. All you need is:
- Your favorite quality powder(which you can purchase from best Vendor)
- Empty capsules (which you can buy at your local shop or pharmacy)
The trick is that you manually add the powder to the empty capsules. The capsules consist of a shorter part (the one you add the powder to) and a wider part (the one you close the capsules with). Make sure to weight the powder before adding it to the capsules. And you have your homemade capsules ready!